Resources to Use and Share
The STOP SEPSIS campaign toolkit is coming soon. In the meantime, please download and share the resources below to learn more about how you and your teams can better suspect, treat and prevent maternal and neonatal sepsis.
STOP SEPSIS Campaign Download Centre
OTHER RELEVANT RESOURCES
Infection and disease management
- Stop Infections After Surgery Poster
- Global Guidelines for the Prevention of Surgical Site Infection
- WHO Recommendations for Prevention and Treatment of Maternal Peripartum Infections
- Managing Possible Serious Bacterial Infection in Young Infants When Referral is Not Feasible
- Recommendations for Management of Common Childhood Conditions
OTHER GLOBAL ORGANIZATIONS WORKING TO PREVENT SEPSIS
Sepsis is a life-threatening condition that continues to cause approximately 6 million deaths worldwide each year, most of which are preventable.
Stopping sepsis is an important focus of the global health community, acknowledged in the resolution passed at the 2017 World Health Assembly to address the prevention, diagnosis, and management of sepsis. In fact, during World Health Assembly 2017, a special side event was organized focusing entirely on sepsis.
Several organizations are working to prevent sepsis, including maternal and neonatal sepsis. Here are a few with resources and tools for healthcare providers and patients: