WHO recently launched a new training course on infection prevention and control for maternal and neonatal care. The course is aimed at staff working in maternal and neonatal wards, specifically, antenatal care outpatient services, maternal and neonatal inpatient services, and neonatal intensive care services.
The course is divided into 6 sessions. The first session covers the essential knowledge of standard precautions required for good infection prevention and control. The other five sessions develop this knowledge and apply it clinically to common situations in antenatal care, labour, childbirth and neonatal care. Currently the first three sessions are available.
- Module 1: Introduction to Infection prevention and control
- Module 2: Care of the pregnant woman in antenatal clinic
- Module 3: Admission of the pregnant woman, labour and uncomplicated childbirth
- Module 4: When interventions are required in labour (in production)
- Module 5: Caesarean section (in production)
- Module 6: Special neonatal circumstances (in production)
Registration is open through openWHO.